Monday, November 8, 2010

The Choices We Make Change Our Lives!

In case anyone was wondering I am still running! I have run a total to date of 169.6 miles since June 22, 2009. That is a long way :)


I original started running because it was suggested by my physician. It seems my LDL cholesterol is made up of the small dense particles instead of the large buoyant particles. This means that I am at higher risk of a heart attack or a stroke. So, I made the choice to follow my physician’s advice and run for 30 minutes four times a week. I have been doing fairly well at the running but I am still finding it difficult at times.

I am due to have my blood work taken next month so I will let all of you know how things are going sometime in December. While all this is going on I have made a conscious choice to watch the food that I put into my body. I have been very diligent at looking at labels. I am staying away from all processed foods as much as I can. I am avoided fructose corn syrup, which I might add that they put this in almost everything (cereal, bread, crackers, etc...). This hasn't been easy but I do know that I am the only one that can help me. I can't sit around waiting for someone to fix this problem or give me some little pill to make it better.


Every day, I make the conscious choice to heal my mind, body, and spirit. I run, I meditate, I do self Reiki, I think positive, and I send my love and light into the world. I know that every day is a gift here on earth and I am going to make sure I do my part to be able to live this gift to its fullest.

Try today to change one thing in your life that will make a difference, and then stick with it! If you don't feel like it or cave for a second, pick yourself up and get right back on track.

2 comments:

  1. That was beautiful!!!...You are beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing your love with me! hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete