Sunday, August 15, 2010

I am back!!!!

With patience and determination I am back to running! I know I have complained along the way about having to incorporate aerobic activity in to my life. I have moaned, whined, and complained about the sweating and exercise to everyone that has crossed my path. When I injured my knee ligament, I started to worry about my small dense LDL particles and how I would be able to turn them into the fluffy buoyant particles. After all the only reason I have endured the dislikes of exercise is because of my health.

I listened to the doctor and gave myself the week off of running while wearing the leg brace. During the week I felt like I was missing something. Even though I didn't like running in the beginning, the benefits I have gained have made it all worth while. I have lost over 10 pounds and dropped a pant size. In September I will have my blood work taken to see if it is going in the right direction.

Finally, I am back to running. I am to start of slowly and work my way up. Today I am up to 1.5 miles and without any pain. When I am done running I place the brace back on just to keep the ligament strong. I will return back to the doctors on Friday the 19th for a leg check up.

I realize now how much exercise is important in everyone's life. Even though we hate it the benefits out way the dislikes. We have the choice to keep ourselves in good health. We make the decisions on what we eat and if we exercise. There is no reason for any of us to be overweight or out of shape. The only one we can blame is ourselves. Hey, I was the first one to say I don't have time, I don't like to sweat, I am too tired, etc.... etc..... But the reality is, you can make yourself sick by the choices you make and you can make yourself healthy by the choices you make. Why should we wait until the doctor tells you that you are a candidate to have a heart attack or a stroke, when we could correct it by watching what we eat and adding 30 minutes of aerobic activity 4 times a week? We truly create our own destiny! Just think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment